The Summit County Builder's Association and High Country Conservation Center awarded Mountain Log Homes of Colorado, Inc. the overall Energy Excellence Award for all homes entered in the Summit County Parade of Homes. The determination was based on overall Sustainable Building Practices, Energy Efficiency & HERS scores as determined by Independent Energy Auditors. This home scored a (HERS) Home Energy Rating Score of 54, meaning the home is 46% more efficient than a home built to current building codes. Building practices that contributed to the Energy Star for New Homes rating included SIPS (Structurally Insulated Panel) roof system; ICF (Insulated Concrete Forms) foundation; Low-E Windows, and a Superior Insulation and Air Infiltration Package.
The Western Red Cedar Home located at 392 Gold King Way, Breckenridge also received 3 Awards in the 4,000-5,000 square foot home category for the 2013 Summit County Parade of Homes as determined by an independent panel of judges made up of Builders, Architects & Interior Designers and this criteria.
Builder Concept & Workmanship Award:
Overall theme and cohesiveness of design
- Originality & innovation in design
- Quality of products & installation of finishes and ornamental detailing
- Execution of sound construction
- Overall livability
Exterior Design and Elevation Award:
- Composition, balance and harmony of elevation
- Does it fit the site and neighborhood?
- Originality and creativity
- Use of Materials and quality
- Overall Street appeal
Landscaping & Outdoor Living Space Award:
- Harmonizes architecture with site
- Quality of placement of flora and fauna
- Quality of design use and space
- Contribution to the visual environment
- Environmental considerations including native plants, sensitivity to wildlife and overall conservation
To see photographs of this award winning project please click to to visit our gallery
You may contact Mountain Log Homes for a private showing of this home at 970-468-8683. The home is also available for Family Reunions and Corporate Retreats. Click here for more information.